FI™ Colorproof™ XF, a professional-level RIP, enables you to manage color supply chain from design to production to output by providing you with all the tools to produce the best color, It allows you to produce ISO 12647-7 / 8 compliant validation printing and contract proofing and G7 compliant proofs on inkjet, laser and LED printers. The solution caters to ad agencies, prepress businesses, publishers, newspapers, packaging companies, full-service printing houses, semi-professional photographers and print shops.
- Is a Flexible Cross-Platform Client/Server Application
- The solution is easy to set up, configure and use because of its application wizards and intuitive user interface. It allows you to easily manage each job, output configuration and location in a remote proofing environment, whether or not you work in a Windows®, Macintosh® or mixed environment!
- Supports Industry Standards for Greater Flexibility
- The product can be easily integrated into open standard workflows, so you can do tasks, such as produce ICC compliant proofs according to ISO12647-7/8 or G7 or process PDF/X files or process PANTONE® Plus spot colors. Colorproof XF also supports the latest technologies for streamlining and enhancing workflow communication, such as the Adobe® PDF Print Engine.
Its Color Verifier Option also verifies any proofing standard based on presets. In addition, individual presets can be defined with the criteria and tolerances as needed and can even be specified if they are normative and informative. Updating existing or adding individual standards also can be done quickly and easily.
- Achieves Accurate Results Every Time with Breakthrough Color Technology
- Colorproof XF comes with many features that produce consistent and accurate color every time. It lets you easily optimize the color quality of the included linearization/profile sets, and comes with intelligent calibration features that bring back your system to its original state.
With the cutting-edge spot color simulation technique, Colorproof XF also creates spot color simulations with challenging low Delta Es. DIC, HKS, PANTONE and Toyo spot color libraries are onboard. Spot colors also can be routed to any type of spot color, including white, gloss or metallic inks, and the flexible spot color editing tools enable you to manage colors easily.
Multi-channel job proofing also becomes simpler because colors and channels are automatically routed to each other as long as the multi-channel reference profile includes the color names that match the channel of the job.
- Adapt to Specific Job Color Requirements with the Dynamic Wedge
- The Dynamic Wedge™ is a dynamically created control strip that shows a job’s key and spot colors for verifying and, if required, optimizing the job’s color accuracy. It is perfectly suited for color-critical print jobs where a static wedge (e.g., Ugra/Fogra media wedge or IDEAlliance control strip) does not reflect the key colors adequately or spot colors at all.
- Get the Closest Match to the Final Run
- While proofs usually match the final run in terms of color, they often times look too “good (or smooth)” because the final run characteristics typically are not simulated. Colorproof XF’s final run characteristic simulation features deliver the closest match to the final run. Missing dot, first printing dot and noise simulation are powerful features for matching the press characteristics in particular in gravure and flexo printing.
- Offers Fully Automated and Remote Proofing Workflow for Quicker Turnaround
- The combination of Colorproof XF with the latest printer technology and the embedded spectrophotometer lets you maximize your productivity with an automated workflow. The technology handles each step of the color measurement process automatically from linearization, profiling and calibration to optimization and verification. It also enables you to print labels directly on the output.
In addition, the solution’s integrated remote proofing technology lets you easily set up remote proofing workflows and ensures consistent proof results at any location in your remote environment. By adding EFI Web Control Center, a Web-based application for remote control and distribution of proof jobs and the latest printers with embedded spectrophotometers, you can profit from the most efficient remote proofing workflow ever. Speed up your production and save money on expensive courier services. If you only want to do processing, printout and verification of your remote proofing jobs, then choose the affordable EFI Colorproof XF Satellite.
- Achieves Maximum Productivity with Comprehensive Production Features
- The solution’s tools transform your printer into a fast and efficient production device. These features include tiling, step & repeat and color adjustments. In addition, its outstanding nesting capabilities lower your production costs dramatically by decreasing paper waste. Plus, an optional comprehensive cutting solution allows you to cut your print jobs and produce anything from contour-cut graphics to packaging mockups.
- Streamlines Workflow Using Other Leading EFI Solutions
- Colorproof XF integrates with other EFI™ solutions to meet your current and future printing needs. Now, you can streamline your production process, increase your productivity, and save money by avoiding redundant steps using our MIS/ERP and Web-to-Print solutions via our JDF connector.
- Comes in Modular Concept to Provide Maximum Flexibility
Choose a Productive, Affordable and Accurate Photo and Proofing to Go Solution, now including Certification
EFI™ eXpress for Photo, EFI eXpress for Proofing, EFI eXpress for Proofing Advanced and EFI eXpress CTP help you print to win against your competition with industry standard solutions for generating high quality contract proofs, photos and validation prints fast, easy and affordably. The intuitive solutions cater to photographers, creative directors, marketing agencies, print buyers and designers who need to maximize their budgets, produce accurate final printouts and deliver amazing color on every print.